04

Presentation

Enter the former wash house, made up of various modules constructed between 1891 and 1961, and marvel at the magical location. This monumental building was designed for sorting and washing coal before it was packaged and shipped to clients (industries, individuals etc.) by rail.

The coal processing installations have now made way for a 1,500 m2 hall. Nevertheless, the wash house has retained its authenticity as the gangways overhanging the installations are still in place, with heights reaching ten or so metres.

This ‘cathedral of miners’ – as the local inhabitants like to call it – now welcomes groups to enjoy the services of a caterer, as well as companies for events of all kinds (conferences, seminars, end-of-year parties etc.) tailored to suit everyone’s individual needs.

Turnkey solutions are offered to ensure that every day spent at the museum is a memorable one.